Fly over to Barr Lake State Park to celebrate the fall bird migration, an experience worth sharing with others. Be entertained at this festive community event filled with food, fun, and lore, something for everyone. Admission per vehicle is a $7 daily or an annual parks pass.Enjoy events at the festival including:
· Free snacks
· Witness live migratory songbirds in the hand at the Education and Bird Banding Station from 7-11am
· Explore bird habitat on a guided walk with some of the region’s best birders at 7, 8, 9 & 10am.
· Ride aboard the Eagle Express for a driving tour of the wildlife refuge at 7:30am, 9:00am, 10:30am and noon.
· View many live raptors up close from 9am-12pm
· Create fun kid’s crafts from 9am-12pm
· Experience educational booths; representatives of governmental and private entities will present information, discuss ideas, and answer questions from 9am-12pm
· Discover the art of bird feeding & watching while exploring great birding supplies from 9am-12pm
· Shop: 20% off all clothing and bookstore items
Create memories as you celebrate and revel in a day filled with nourishment for your body, mind, and soul. For more information about the festival, call the Nature Center 303-659-6005. The 18th Annual Fall Birding Festival is sponsored by Barr Lake State Park Volunteers, Brighton Parks and Recreation, City of Brighton, Colorado Parks & Wildlife, Bird Conservancy of the Rockies, The Friends of Barr Lake and Wild Birds Unlimited.