Location: Begich, Boggs Visitor Center, Portage Valley, Chugach National Forest, Alaska
Number of Positions: 2
Start Date: Sunday, May 12th
End Date: Sat, August 3rd (if 60 days worked) Alternate End Date: Sat,, August 18th (if 70 days worked)
Estimated Pay Rate: $53.00 per day worked
• Age 18 to 35, and in college (undergraduate or graduate) or recent graduate.
• US citizen or legal resident.
• Enthusiasm for interacting with the public and children.
• Ability to communicate well with the public in both English and Spanish.
• Ability to attend a 2 week intensive training to learn and study about the Chugach National Forest.
• Ability to learn techniques to interpret information about the Chugach National Forest and Alaska to the public.
• Ability to put together interpretive programs to present to the public in a variety of venues.
• Ability to work with other visitor center staff in a fast paced, team oriented, visitor center environment.
• Ability to assist with special events and to assist with other duties as assigned.
· A Forest Service uniform will be provided for use during the summer for each intern.
· Housing is available in the bunkhouse in Portage Valley near the visitor center.
· Interns should bring clothing for cool, wet conditions, as well as shorts and t-shirts for sunny weather.
· The closest large grocery store is in Anchorage which is 55 miles away by road.
· Defensive driving course is required for government vehicle use. Interns can use vehicles for trips once every two weeks for personal supplies
To apply visit avesblog.com/apply
Deadline: Feb 9th