Become an Audubon intern and conduct research along California's Pacific Coast!
- Can be linked to graduate school requirements.
- Conduct research, writing and outreach related to conserving coastal habitat in California, Oregon and Washington (eelgrass, seagrass, kelp, wetlands)
- Activities related to Pew/Audubon campaign: https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research-and-analysis/articles/2019/10/16/americas-coastal-habitats-are-beautiful-vital-and-worth-protecting
- Attend (remote) or in person agency meetings.
- Write blog posts, reports, technical summaries.
- Analyze data sets.
- College degree, biology or environmental science emphasis (technical background desired).
- Excellent academic background.
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Desire to go into the field of conservation biology or policy.
- Located on the California coast.
- Has internet and a computer, ability to use Excel, Word, PPT.
- Passion for biodiversity and conservation.
- Interest in learning more about bringing science into policy.
$15.00/hour. Total of $5000. Term: immediate through December 31, 2020. Maximum of 20 hrs/week.