Do you have oral and written communication skills? Do you enjoy working with people and providing customer service?
The Corps Network (TCN) is looking for a professional and detail-oriented Resource Assistant to provide communications support at a national forest. This internship position will process correspondence, handle merchandise sales, and engage the public.
Education, Skills, and Qualifications
- Exceptional ability to work with people
- Money handling
- Selling merchandise & making deposits for an interpretive store
- Database management
- Answering incoming phone & email inquiries
- Graphic design
- Excellent communication skills
- A bachelor’s degree, or higher degree, in communication, journalism, or related field.
Duration: 6 months
* Office is open 7 days a week and weekend & holiday work is required.
Compensation and Benefits:
- $500 per week x 26 weeks
- Health insurance benefits
- Housing allowance
- Generous professional development allowance
- Opportunities for paid work travel, training sessions, and conferences.
- Opportunities to network with U.S. Forest Service field staff and professionals.
RAP Direct Hiring Authority: After completing and meeting program requirements, interns are eligible for the RAP Direct Hire Authority for permanent, term and temporary Forest Service positions.