Do you enjoy the outdoors? Do you like getting your hands dirty and using power tools? Do you have an interest in forestry or silviculture?
The Corps Network (TCN) is looking for a Resource Assistant to provide timber marker support to the timber marker crew at a national forest. This internship position will participate in timber sales, marking, records, etc.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Associates degree or higher in Forestry or related field
- Enjoy working outdoors - field investigation involves considerable walking and manual work
- Average physical dexterity and ability are required
- Fieldwork is performed in all weather conditions (often in hot and heavily forested areas)
- Driver’s license is required
Duration: 6 months
Compensation and Benefits:
- $500 per week x 26 weeks
- Health insurance benefits
- Housing allowance
- Generous professional development allowance
- Opportunities for paid work travel, training sessions, and conferences
- Opportunities to network with U.S. Forest Service field rangers and professionals
- RAP Direct Hiring Authority: After completing and meeting program requirements, interns are eligible for the RAP Direct Hire Authority for permanent, term and temporary Forest Service positions.