Do you have oral and written communications skills? Do you enjoy working with people and providing customer service?
The Corps Network (TCN) is looking for a professional and detail-oriented Resource Assistant to provide communications support at a national forest. This internship position will process correspondence, handle merchandise sales, and engage the public.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Existing video editing skills beneficial, not required
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Demonstrated familiarity in website design, development, and maintenance
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation of professional presentations, fact sheets, website content, and other communication materials
- Experience with graphic design programs preferred, but not required
- A bachelor’s degree, or higher degree, in communication, journalism, or related field
- Ability to interpret diversity in the conservation workforce
Duration: 6 months
Compensation and Benefits:
- $500 per week x 26 weeks
- Health insurance benefits
- Housing allowance
- Generous professional development allowance
- Opportunities for paid work travel, training sessions, and conferences.
- Opportunities to network with U.S. Forest Service field rangers and professionals.
- RAP Direct Hiring Authority: After completing and meeting program requirements, interns are eligible for the RAP Direct Hire Authority for permanent, term and temporary Forest Service positions.