There are thousands of different species of birds around the world. Some live in hot climates, some in cold. Some eat plants and small insects, while others eat small animals. Some are awake during the day and some at night. Despite all of their differences, there is one distinct characteristic that is unique to all birds… feathers! Introduce kids and adults to feathers, by contrasting the 9 types included in the kit. Each participant takes home a Peacock feather. A 4-page instructor activity guide is included (recommended for ages 5 and up).
- Understand the importance of feathers.
- Learn the structure and parts of feathers.
- Discover the 6 types of feathers and what they’re used for.
- Use critical thinking to understand why each bird’s feathers are different.
- Compare and contrast the features and uses of different feathers included in this kit.
- A gorgeous 30+” Peacock Feather with full eye for each participant to insert into a feather information card for taking home.
- 9 different feathers to compare and contrast as participants learn about the purpose and structure of each unique type. These feathers are beautiful (and real)!!!
- Exclusive activity guide that provides everything instructor’s need to teach about feathers – amazing feather facts, fun feather activities, and a reproducible activity page.